Friday, October 16, 2009

First Friday

To sum up a day.

So i started out missing a bus. Then i made up for it by finding my way home. I taught 3 lessons, did 2 lesson plans, and sat around for an hour waiting for my workday to end.

Then the fun began.

I spoke with elizabeth, and we were to meet up and go out for drinks with a number of other people in Seoul. And here we go.

So after getting directions, working my way to the Siheung City hall and waiting for the bus to take me an hour across Seoul, i attempted to find out how to transfer to my next bus only to sit on the 32 bus for two hours and realize that the transfer did not exist, then i fell down and ripped my pants, cut my ass on an old bus seat and stumbled out of the bus half a mile from my house in the rain....having missed the opportunity to meet up with liz and her friends.

You would think i would be angry right?

dead wrong.

Its supposed to be an adventure right?

So once i stumbled out of the bus into the rain, (which is it just me or does korean rain smell like rotten shrimp? probably just me) i happened to take refuge under a small canopy which to my suprise was a small 5 seat bar in my town. Of the 3 long walks i have taken around the area i live i have never noticed it. Was it random luck to find an empty bar when its pouring down shrimp rain, i think not, because the bartender (a quaintly cute young korean girl around my age) happened to be a liverpool supporter, and a tar heels fan. you have to be shitting me.

after a few oat sodas, and a hasty walk home while the rain died down i stopped in a chicken shack outside my apt. Now if you have ever had mexican fried chicken in korea. i recomend it. It is definatly fried. Its for sure chicken. Now which parts of the chicken...i have no idea.

An hour later here i am drinking a cold bottle of CASS Fresh, which by the label is "the sound of vitality," enjoying myself, writing this, and enjoying my weekend.

like i said, its supposed to be an adventure right?

and through the open window, the constant smell of shrimp.


now im off to watch dubbed american movies in korean, and enjoy another bottle of CASS.

adios, or should i say...

an-nyong-hi kye-se-yo!

No comments:

Post a Comment