Monday, February 8, 2010

Come on Spring....

So its been a while, I wanted to update the awating masses that actually read this thing.

So the holidays are over, Christmas and New Years were enjoyable, Codey and I spent the better part of them in the bottom of a bottle of soju. Caroline arrived on New Years Day, and we had alot of fun touring around Korea, specifically Seoul, getting into trouble, dancing on the subway at 7am getting yelled at by some korean guy, eating some crazy food (or tricking caroline to eat it...)

Elizabeth and Ryan were staying with me for a few weeks after their contracts ended and they were back and forth from the Phillipines, It was nice to have people at my house, and to come home to someone to talk to. But they have left with Caroline and im back to kicking it around Siheung trying to find new places to hang out, eat, drink, and generally pass the time.

I got to go down to Anseong City and check out what Codey's life was like down south and i really enjoyed it, his city is small, and quite different, but i think i enjoyed it a bit more than Siheung. (Siheung is a massive city, it has almost a million people in it and covers a huge area of land...but since it is broken up by small mountians and ricefields you cannot walk anywhere you have to take a bus, and my little neighborhood is completly seperated from everything) Whereas Anseong has more of a community vibe to it, you can walk anywhere in the city, there are shops and resturants close by, a really cool outdoor market (i almost bought a canadian tux...), and some really fun people. About the only negative thing i have to say about it is that it is really far away from seoul, and kind of a pain in the ass to get to, but hey, ya got to work with what your given.

I found out today that Patrick will be here at the end of the month, and somehow scored a job right next to a subway stop (takes me 30-45 min on a good day by bus to get to a subway) but luckily he is really not far from me, and about halfway between me and Seoul, so it will make a convenient stop on the way into the City. I am really excited for him to get here, but at the same time im rather scared....I mean, with Patrick, Codey, and myself all here, this country might not have any clue how to handle it....Korea, you better get ready.

So all in all my voyage into Korean life has continued rather smoothly, I hope all is well back home, ya'll take care now ya hear...

love and respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment