Tuesday, November 24, 2009

southern girls dont understand the northern lights

Thanksgiving is tomorrow. I will be spending mine being thankful that there is only one more day in the workweek. I will get up and go to the gym, then spend 8 hours at work, head to my apt to do some laundry, go back to the gym for an hour or two before my hapkido lesson then have Thanksgiving Dinner at a chinese resturant with Miguel, possibly drink a few beers and go to sleep. Only to wake up on friday go back to the gym, work for 8 hours, gym it up before hapkido, and go to sleep.....anyone see a pattern?

Im not saying that having a routine is a bad thing, and im sure that the fact that a 3rd of my day is spent excercising is doing me alot of good...but damn is boring. The weather here has continued to be cold, bringing with it alot of mist and rain, which does not help me get out of my apt. There is a bright side though. I have been able to start saving some money for Thiland, Cambodia, and Vietnam later next year, which will be worth it. I have also commited to Hapkido 5 days a week, so by the time i get back home hopefully none of you will recognize me. I am running in a 10k that my gym is sponsoring in a few weeks, so i have been training for that and getting a decent time down for someone of my running ability. This weekend a group of foreigners have a cabin rented for sat night for a few birthday celebrations which should be a blast.

I dont really have much else to say at the moment.
I have been thinking alot about the holidays recently, it is going to be a change of pace here. Im not sure if the christmas spirit can drift all the way to korea, but we will see.

take care

No comments:

Post a Comment